With Restylane® treatments, you can restore natural-looking volume to the skin to combat signs of aging and restore a youthful appearance. Lewis Dermatology & Associates offers this and other dermal filler products to the men and women living in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and the nearby areas of New York.
What is Restylane®?
Restylane® is a family of dermal filler products that feature a smooth, hyaluronic acid-based gel. With a handful of treatment options available, Restylane® products are used to add volume and fullness to the skin, diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles to deliver a more youthful look. Thanks to the diversity in the Restylane® products, they can be used for nearly any age-related concern in the face, including:
- Smile lines
- Marionette lines
- Volume loss in the lips
- Lip wrinkles
- Nasolabial folds
Since each of these concerns are unique, Restylane® offers unique products to target particular areas of the face. The Restylane® products available include:
- Restylane® – the standard Restylane® treatment, which can be used for addressing lines and wrinkles, specifically nasolabial folds, and even for lip enhancement.
- Restylane® Kysse – a specialized lip filler designed to add natural-looking volume to the lips without interfering with your natural expressiveness.
- Restylane® Lyft – also known as Perlane, this filler is used to restore volume and lift the cheeks, as well as to rejuvenate the back of the hands.
- Restylane® Silk – the original lip filler from Restylane®, which can enhance lip volume and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the lips.
- Restylane® Refyne – a specialized dermal filler for treating nasolabial folds and marionette lines. With a thicker formula, it gives better results and lasts longer.
- Restylane® Defyne – similar to Restylane® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne is designed for addressing nasolabial folds and marionette lines. However, it is made with an even thicker formula to provide improved results with patients experiencing deeper or more severe wrinkles and folds.
How Much does Restylane® Cost?
The price of your Restylane® treatment will vary depending on the size of your treatment area, the Restylane® product used, and the amount of product needed to help you achieve your desired results. To get a better idea of how much your Restylane® treatment will cost, come in for a private consultation with Dr. Amy B. Lewis and her staff.
What are the Benefits of Restylane®?
There are many benefits to getting Restylane® treatments at Lewis Dermatology & Associates, including:
- Minimally invasive treatment
- No downtime or recovery period
- Enhanced skin volume
- Smoothed appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Specialized products for various cosmetic concerns
What Can I Expect During my Restylane® Treatment?
Before your Restylane® treatment begins, Dr. Lewis may apply a topical anesthetic to your desired treatment area. This is to ensure you remain as comfortable as possible throughout the entirety of your treatment. Once numb, Dr. Lewis will make a series of strategically placed Restylane® injections into these areas. The entire treatment process typically takes under an hour to complete, after which patients are able to return to their normal daily activities including work.
What Results Can I Expect from Restylane®?
Following your Restylane® treatment, there may be some minor bruising, swelling or soreness in the treatment area, but these typically resolve within a few days and will not impact your ability to resume your usual activities. The results from Restylane® will be visible immediately upon injection, so you will notice enhanced skin volume and smoothness before even leaving your appointment. These results will become more noticeable as any side effects fade in the days following treatment. Your Restylane® results will last between 6 and 18 months depending on the Restylane® product used and the areas being treated.
Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane®?
If you are looking for a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment that can enhance skin volume, diminish lines and wrinkles and provide targeted benefits to specific areas of the face, you may be a good candidate for Restylane® treatments. The best way to find out if Restylane® treatments are right for you is to schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Amy B. Lewis. She’ll be happy to sit down with you, listen to your concerns, evaluate your goals, and develop a fully personalized treatment plan to help you reach all of your aesthetic and skin health goals.